On Sunday, I decided to take my dad (the handsome chap in the photo with my younger sis and self) a scrumptious toffee cake, as, like me, he has a very sweet tooth. Usually I take Grumps in with me because he loves visiting there, but this time I left him in the car as my brother and his young daughter were at the house and she is terrified of my naughty, yappy dog.
I was only a couple of minutes and just as I kissed my dad goodbye, I heard a clunk. Yes, clever clogs, Grumps had locked himself in the car. Thankfully, I only live a short distance away, and so I phoned poor Rob, who did his Sir Lancelot impression and rescued the drama queen from the car (no, not me, the dog).
I have been awarded two lovely awards and one Meme, so thanks go to:
DJ Kirkby for this blog bling award
The rules are:
1. List 10 things that make you happy.
2. Try to do at least one thing on the list today.
3. List 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Those of you to whom I give this award are to link back to my blog and perpetuate the happy with your own lists and recipients and whatnot.
This Circle of Friends Blog Award was kindly given to me by Carol and Graeme
I have to write five things that I like to do and then pass this award on to ten friends....well, like Carol I've never been very good at rules so I'm going to pass this to all the lovely bloggers that feature on my side bar.
So, I'll give you 10 Things That Bring Happiness to Me/That I Like To Do:
1. Laughing with my long-suffering husband and exhausting, but fun children
2. Grumpy, as there's never a dull moment with him around
3. Outings/parties with my extended family
4. Writing - mainly my books and short stories
5. Walking with Rob and Grumps on the beach, especially when the children can be persuaded to join us.
6. Lying in the bath - reading
8. Going out for lengthy lunches with girlfriends
9. Lying in the sun - reading, again
10.Shopping, but only for books, shoes and chocolate.
I've been tagged by Nickie The rules are:
1. Name a song that makes you happy - The song that always makes me smile is: Say A Little Prayer For You. It reminds me of my good friend Cindy. We sat opposite each other at work and one day she must have been bored, and shattered the silence of the office by bursting into song and singing, "The moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup, etc" I giggle every time I think if it.
2. Post an image that makes you smile - This photo always makes me laugh, because it's what Grumps does every time he gets into the car, so he can see where he's going. He even does it when the car is stationary in the garage! - I'm going to tag Lilys to carry this meme on.