Tuesday, 8 June 2010
An Award & My First Day
Thank you to Talli Roland for nominating me for this Honest Scrap Award. Talli's first novel, The Hating Game is out next year and can be pre-ordered here.
The rules are that I have to list 10 facts that aren't common knowledge and pass them on to other bloggers. Excuse me if you've heard #1 & 10 before!
1. I started a new job today after spending the last nine years with my previous employers. I was a little nervous going there, but loved it. Such a relief.
2. I can ride sidesaddle - a completely useless talent in this day and age.
3. My children can trace their ancestry back to the doomsday book. I can just about trace mine back 150 years or so!
4. My aunt is a nun and I was 'asked to leave' the convent where I went to school when I was twelve. Not a good catholic start for me. They said I was 'charming' but if I didn't want to do something, nothing could make me do it. Nothing's changed there then.
5. My favourite food (apart from chocolate of course) is pasta. I adore it.
6. I've written 3 chick lit novels, 1 book about the WW2 era, 1 YA novel and have just started working on a book based in the early 20thC. I've only just started submitting. Well, I've submitted one of them.
7. I met Tony Curtis when I was 10.
8. I can see the coast of Normandy from my bedroom window and even the lights there at night.
9. I endured a Force 10 storm in boat. It wasn't that bad really.
10. I'm Editor for Little Black Dress Thursdays at Novelicious and sometimes review other chick lit novels there too, and also contribute reviews for Bookersatz.
I'd like to nominate the following five brilliant bloggers: