Tuesday 13 September 2011

Puppies, Zumba & Reading

Isn't this the cutest little puppy?

Actually it's one of nine. Some short-haired, some long, six blonde and three black labrador x retriever puppies. They're four weeks old tomorrow and their mum (my sister's gorgeous bitch, Gyps) is the most placid dog I've ever come across - and the complete opposite of the Grump!

Zumba was great fun again on Monday night. I was still doing a pretty good impression of a tomato an hour after the class had ended. Talk about red-faced! I went with sis and sis-in-law and together with about 15 other women we had fun as we danced and tried our best to follow the zumba instructor. Such a relief that I enjoy it so much, especially as I've paid for a 12 week course!

Better get on, I have to finish reading The Generation Game so that I can review it for Women's Fiction Thursday over at Novelicious. All comments welcome and if you wish you can also vote for the site in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards.

12 comments:

Kath said...

Aw, that pup is so adorable. So cute!

My cousin goes to a Zumba class and it sounds brilliant fun. Would you recommend it, Debs, as a way to get fit, Debs, or is it too early to say just yet?

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What a gorgeous puppy! Glad you're enjoying zumba - I loved it last year and I really need to get back to a class. It really did help with fitness levels, although I too remained like a tomato for ages!

Troy said...

If I show this blog photo to Troy Junior he will really want that puppy. We have been under a lot of pressure to get one and a labrador (or a labradoodle) is the ideal choice. Just a shame they can't be trained to pick up their own waste - which is something I really don't want to do (hence no dog).

B.E. Sanderson said...

OMG, Puppies!! I had to show the pic to my husband, it was so cute. Someday we'll have a dog again - when we own our own house and have land for it to roam.

Anna Scott Graham said...

I just want to rub its belly!!!

Zumba well; I've been a lazy sort, but you're inspiring!!

Jennifer Joyce said...

Aww, that puppy is adorable.

I've never tried zumba. I'm far too lazy for that kind of malarky.

Pauline Barclay said...

I love that puppy....! Glad you are having fun with your Zumba, I keep telling myself to join our local group...but writing gets in the way!!

Unknown said...

The puppy is utterly gorgeous!

Glad you're enjoying the Zumba. I ought to get out of my chair more... :)

Faye said...

Aren't you just enjoying being "Auntie" to these little sugar lumps? When someone shows me photos of a new baby I always teasingly(?) reply that he/she is cute, but not as cute as a golden retriever pup! You're so right about their placid personalities--I've had one and may go in that direction again when Willie is no longer around. He's pretty even-keeled for a pit bull though.

Good for you for keeping going with the Zumba classes--a great aerobic workout, I'm sure.

galant said...

I am reading The Generation Game as we speak! Love it as, like the author, I was brought up in a sweet shop/newsagent's in Torquay!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

The puppies are so sweet and growing very quickly.

Galant - how exciting growing up above a sweet shop, I would have adored it.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.