I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by the kind and talented Choc Lit authors. Thank you, ladies.
I've got to give five random facts about myself and pass this on to a blog that I want to recommend to you.
- My mother once danced with Sean Connery. I'd forgotten about this until my sister told me that a postman came to her door last week and asked if it was her mother who had danced with SC all those years ago! (Odd?)
- My father had a plane crash and survived. Phew.
- I was asked to leave the convent school I attended when I was twelve because they said that I charming and always polite, but if I didn't want to do something, nothing could persuade me to do it. My daughter now goes to this school and is doing very well, thankfully.
- When my mother was pregnant they thought I was twins! I'm not sure what that says about me...
- I can ride side-saddle. (Although I haven't for years. Not much reason for it!)
I'd like to pass this award on to Jean Bull.
The lovely Diane Fordham passed the Sunshine Award on to me. For this award I need to tell you several things that make me happy.
- Reading in my conservatory with Grumps sitting next to me and the sun shining outside.
- Chocolate. (Goes without saying really though).
- Watching tv with my family with a fire in the grate when it's wintery outside.
- Opening books sent from publishers for my Alternative Thursday reviews at Novelicious.
- Walking the Grumps on St Ouens' Beach.
- Going out to lunch with Rob and the children.
- Writing in my shed.
I'd like to pass this award on to Flowerpot.
I didn't win a RoNA Award *mind wanders off into a daydream* at the Romantic Novelists' Association's 2012 Award reception, but the following authors did :
CONTEMPORARY ROMANTIC NOVEL - Summer of Love by Katie Fforde
EPIC ROMANTIC NOVEL - The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas
HISTORICAL ROMANTIC NOVEL - Highland Storms by Christina Courtenay
ROMANTIC COMEDY NOVEL - Please Don’t Stop the Music by Jane Lovering
YOUNG ADULT ROMANTIC NOVEL - Dark Ride by Caroline Green
THE RoNA ROSE AWARD - The Dangerous Lord Darrington by Sarah Mallory
THE HARRY BOWLING PRIZE WINNER - A Dark Flowering by Natalie Lloyd-Evans
Congratulations to them all.
I did, however, receive a Special Commendation for my entry to the Harry Bowling Prize. I may have mentioned this once, or twice...