Wednesday 11 July 2012

Good Housekeeping Novel Comp - Runner-up

Okay, I know I'm probably driving everyone mad about this, because if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter you'll have already discovered I was one of the runners-up in the Good Housekeeping Novel Competition (out of 7,000 entrants...can you believe it? I can't). However, I couldn't not post about this on my blog too, so here goes...

If you buy Good Housekeeping magasine - August edition, pages 46/47 - you'll see my name. *squeals with continuous excitement*

If you go to the Good Housekeeping online site you can read the first 250 words of both my entry and those of the other two runners-up. You'll also find the link for the other shortlisted entries. My first 250 words would be followed by, 'All changed, changed utterly: A terrible beauty is born. (WB Yeats, Easter, 1916).

Right, I'll let you get on now and get back down to reading my final (for now) edits outloud.

This is the second week of my summer holidays from work and it's been lousy weather, but to be honest, it's suited me fine because I've spent most of my time working on edits. According to our weather forecast the sun reappears on Sunday, just in time for my return to Play.

29 comments:

Kath said...

Fantastic news, Debs! Huge congrats to you. That is an amazing achievement. Really happy for you. xx

Carol said...

Congrats, Debs.

carol x

Chris Stovell said...

You're not driving me mad, Debs - I'm thrilled for you. It's always lovely to see someone so deserving of success getting some recognition - may it continue.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Way to go, Debs! You just keeping shouting this from the rooftops, and anyone who's driven mad can lump it.

Jennifer Joyce said...

I'd be shouting about it too. Well done :-D

Teresa Ashby said...

Yay well done, Debs :-) Just read your first 250 words and now want to read more x

Lane Mathias said...

Huge congratulations Debs. I read the extract and it's an absolute winner!

san said...

Congratulations! I'm delighted for you and can't wait to read more.

DAB said...

Well done Debs :-) TFx

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Wow, this is awesome! Now I want to go buy the magazine. I love Good Housekeeping and haven't bought a copy forever. This is as good an excuse as any!

Karen said...

I don't blame you for being excited, that's an amazing achievement :o)

Pat Posner said...

Here's another one you aren't driving mad, Debs! I think it's fantabulous news and I'm so pleased for you.
xxPat

galant said...

Surely some publisher will pick up your novel now? Has Choc-Lit read it, or isn't it quite their thing? Oh, I'd love to read it ... indeed, I reckon all your blog readers would love to read it!
Margaret P

Janice said...

So thrilled and excited for you Debs! This is going to be the start of wonderful things for you I'm sure. Huge congratulations! xx

Rosemary Gemmell said...

It's a fantastic achievement, Debs, so you talk about it as much it deserves! Are you going to Penrith at the weekend?

Jenny Beattie said...

Not at all bored, Debs; it's fabulous news. xxx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thank you for the lovely comments (as always). I'm in the depths of final (for now) edits and hope to surface out of the she at some point in the next day or so.

I promise I'll be catching up with blog visits as soon as I possibly can.x

Anna Scott Graham said...

Big congratulations!! What wonderful news... :)))

Jen said...

I don't think anyone ever gets bored of hearing hearing such brilliant news :0) Thrilled for you X

Liane Spicer said...

Of course you have to shout it from your blog too - it's a fantastic achievement! So happy for you!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thank you so much!

Hopefully finishing edits today and then back to work tomorrow.x

sheepish said...

You can shout this news from the rooftops for as long as you like, absolutely brilliant.

Unpublished Life said...

Oh this is so exciting!!

Well done!! That is an amazing accomplishment. Can't wait to head over to the site to have a read:)

Good job!

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

D.J. Kirkby said...

Congratulations! *goes to buy Good Housekeeping*

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Sheepish - aww thank you!

Unpublished life - thank you. Hope you enjoy it.

Dj - thanks so much

Maria said...

Well done you! I will have to see if I can find a copy.

Carol said...

You deserve to be giddy with excitement!! What a great achievement...one to watch indeed :-D

Now I'm going to pop over and have a read of your first 250 words...

C x

Flowerpot said...

That is just brilliant news Debs - so pleased for you. Hooray! xx

Unknown said...

Maria, carol and flowerpot - thank you very much. :)