Sunday, 23 January 2011
Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you to Pauline Barclay for passing this gorgeous award on to me. I love Pauline's blog and also follow her on Twitter @paulinembarclay and was thrilled to receive this.
The rules are that I have to tell you seven things about myself and also pass this on to seven people.
So, let me think. Um... I've mentioned in the past that I write in a shed, can ride side-saddle, my father survived a plane crash and that when I was small I had three cats and called them all Smokey.
1) I used to be the only one of my siblings with darker hair - I know, who would have guessed I'm not a natural blonde - and believed my sister when she told me that I was adopted. Of course, having a wild imagination, I then went on to configure an entire scenario of where I'd really come from, until my mother insisted she'd actually given birth to me and put a stop to my fantasy world.
2) I've been trying to locate a photograph of my great grandfather for years. He died in 1922. My grandmother was an only child and her mother burnt all his photos. His family originate from Stroud, so my next step it to try and contact someone there who may be descended from his family. Not sure who.
3) Having insisted I wouldn't ever get used to an e-reader, I now have a Kindle and love it. I still prefer actual books though.
4) I like my job.
5) My uncle brought the Beatles over to Jersey in the 1960s, but hasn't kept any of the memorabilia.
6) I love New York City & Sorrento, but can't decide which I prefer.
7) I used to put on plays for the family at Christmas time with me getting all the best parts and my cousin Jane always playing 'the crowd scene'. She still talks to me too.
Now I have to pass this on to seven other versatile bloggers:
Faye over at Summit Musings
Sue at Flowerpot Days
Debs at Bluestockingmum
Kath at The Nut Press
Karen at Coming Down the Mountain: From Reclusive Writer to Published Author