Sunday 20 November 2011

RNA Winter Party

I'm back at home after attending the RNA Winter Party where I caught up with, and met, so many fabulous writers, agents, editors and generally all round glamorous people. In fact I was so busy chatting that despite taking my camera, I only ended up with one photo of the event. Here's me with the very lovely Denyse Kirkby and Bernadine Kennedy.

Talli Roland arranged a Tweet Up and a group of us met up for a few pre-party drinks. Then it was on to catch up with everyone else at the party. You can find more pictures here at the RNA blog.

So, after all that glamour, champagne and fun, it's time to get back down to earth and focus on the washing, changing beds and dealing with one particularly grumpy Miniature Schnauzer who needs a long walk and a bath. After that though I'm going to treat myself and sit down to read Trisha Ashley's, The Magic of Christmas.

Oh, and did I mention that I have a couple of stories in, Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After (out now in Kindle eformat and in paperback in December). I did? Oh, okay then. Until next time...

14 comments:

D.J. Kirkby said...

Oh that is a MUCH nicer photo of us than the one I have *steals photo*. It was so lovelys eeing you, I wish we had more time together but I was just too ill with this vile cold to stay.

Talli Roland said...

Yay! It was so nice to see you, and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more! I plan to dive into 'Tears' this afternoon. I can't wait!

Kath McGurl said...

Lovely photo, Debs! Sounds like you had a great time.

Jenny Beattie said...

How absolutely lovely to go the RNA party. I'm glad you had a fab time.

Kaye Manro said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And that is a great photo of you, Debs. You look happy and well like the writer you truly are.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Denyse -it was fun meeting you at last.

Talli - thanks for arranging the tepweet up, great idea.

Hope you enjoy Tears and Laughter.

Woman - it was great fun, thanks.

Jenny - I was thrilled to be able to go.

Kaye - thanks so much. x

Anita Chapman said...

Hi Debs,
Great photo. It was lovely to meet you at the RNA party. Hope to see you at the next event.
Anita

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What a lovely photo, Debs! I so wish I'd been there, although I'm hoping to get to the Penrith weekend in July. Well done on the stories in Tears and Laughter.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Anita - it was lovely to meet you too.

Rosemary - thanks very much, I'm thrilled to be a part of the Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After book.

Hopefully I'll see you at Penrith.

LindyLouMac said...

What fun you writing ladies have :)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Lindylou - lol, it's great fun.x

Chris Stovell said...

Lovely photo of you, Debs - I would love to have been there, but it just wasn't possible this year.

Flowerpot said...

Sounds like a great party Debs and well done for your stories - look forward to reading that!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

chris - aww thank you. It would have been lovely to see you again. x

flowerpot - thank you. I hope you enjoy reading Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After.x