Tuesday 15 July 2008

Alarms, Cinema Tickets & Treks

I was just sitting here waiting for the picture to load and S's phone alarm went off giving me such a fright. The reason she put it on is simple, she doesn't want her supper burnt. I'd already put in the chips and said, "Call me in 20 minutes to put in your pizza." (Okay, so I'm not Delia Smith when it comes to cooking). And instead of doing as I'd asked, she put her alarm on instead and went off to play on her Nintento Wii. Needless to say, I've now put in the pizza and veg.

Here's a picture of the garden for J to see. This was taken the other way when we had sun, but as I look out of the window now all I can see is rolling fog going by, so it's pretty much a typical July day.

J will be pleased to know that I've bought a batch of cheap cinema tickets as every so often we get an offer through work to do this and I usually make the most of it. This time, however, I must remember to actually use one or two myself as most of the time it's S and J who uses them to go out with their friends.

As you probably know, if you've read any of his comments, J is half way through his trip and has endured a 12 hour coach drive up to Thailand and is now getting ready for a week's trek. Message to J: I remembered to tape the last episode of Heroes. Make the most of your trip and enjoy every second of it because it will soon be over and you'll be back to studying once again. Damn this alarm has just gone off again. Pizza is probably burnt. X

12 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Your garden is beautiful!

Hi to J! Enjoy the rest of your trip m'boy:-)

Yvonne said...

What I wouldn't give to be in Thailand right now! Sorry about the rolling fog, hope it lifts very soon.

Leigh Russell said...

I love the alarm to remind you to put the pizza on! Your cooking sounds only slightly better than mine. And hey, I'm the first to comment. Love your garden.

Unknown said...

J. should have some pretty good stories of his own after his journey through Thailand.

Carol said...

LOL Debs. I do that with my phone and then jump a mile when the alarm goes off....at least you have an excuse for getting a fright since you didn't set the alarm!!!

Your garden looks fab!!

C x

Annieye said...

Burnt pizza is very common in our house too, Debs!

HelenMWalters said...

Cooking by phone alarm! Delia would be so proud of you.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

lane - thanks, it is looking nice at the moment.

I hope he does make the most of being there.

yvonne - me too, but thankfully the fog has gone and the sun has reappeared, yay.

leigh r - it was my daughter's idea because she couldnt be bothered to remind me herself.

chad - I bet he will, I just hope he's as chatty when he gets back as he is in his emails.

carol - it is funny, I completely forgot about it.

Thanks, I hope it keeps looking good until my mother comes over and visits.

annieye - I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the burnt pizza.

helenmh - yes, I've discovered a new way of cooking.

Karen said...

I have to have a cooking alarm otherwise I burn everything!

No fog here, but no sunshine either :o(

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

karen - thankfully the fog has lifted today and we now have glorious sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taping Heroes, i keep forgetting to ask if you had. thanks again for telling me about A coming over in the summer, which i should have mentioned in an earlier post, but hey. Give my love to all, especially S, who MUST be missing me, defintely by now. it isnt likely i'll reply on this again for a considerable while, so just in case, thanks readers for keeping my mum busy. Lots of love,

J xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

J - have a wonderful time, darling and enjoy yourself. We'll see you in 2 weeks. Mum xxx