Tuesday 2 March 2010

Award & Being a Bad First Aider


Thank you to DJ Kirkby for passing this lovely, Prolific Blogger Award on to me. There are a few rules that come attached to it:
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Not so sure how I'm going to get this down to only seven.
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners.

So, without further ado I'm going to pass it on to the following seven bloggers who regularly comment on my blog:
Chris Stovell
Melissa Marsh
Suzanne Jones
Shirley Wells
Kaye Manro
Flowerpot
JJ

Having spent all day yesterday at a First Aid Refresher course, I stepped out of the office today, with my daughter, and saw that an old lady had fallen over and was sitting on the pavement.

"Quick, Mum," said Sas. "We have to help her."

We crossed the road and I have to admit - horrible person that I am - that I was relieved someone was already helping her and holding a hanky to the poor lady's bloodied head. I asked if she needed any help, but was assured that an ambulance had been called already.

Walking on towards the car park I said to Sas. "I suppose I should have put her in the recovery position, she did look rather unwell."

"Mum," said Sas pulling a face. "I think the poor old lady had more than enough to deal with without you wrestling her to the ground."

Cheek.

22 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Thanks so much for the award, Debs!

And LOL on the fist aid you almost had to give. I think I'd be the same way. Guilt? Hey, you did ask if she needed help.

HelenMWalters said...

Your daughter's faith in your First Aid skills is very touching.

Joanne said...

Congrats on your Prolific Blogger Award :)

And kudos to you for learning the First Aid Course, great knowledge to have!

Chris Stovell said...

Congratulations on the award - ant thank you.
One of the rules of being a first aider is recognising when to stand back!!!

Chris Stovell said...

and thank you, even!

Michelle said...

I couldn't imagine you wrestling anyone Debs
Well done on completing the course and I applaud your enthusiasm for your refreshed skills!
M
x

Jenny Beattie said...

Congratulations on the award Debs and THANK YOU. I love coming here and today you gave me an award AND made me laugh out loud. What's not to love?

Not From Lapland said...

ha ha! I'm sure she did too. congrats on the award!

Flowerpot said...

thanks Debs - I remember those first aid courses! will try and decipher the instructions now..

Phillipa said...

At least, you've actually done a first aid course, Debs. I wouldn't have a clue what to do!

Liane Spicer said...

Lovely award, Debs, and well deserved.

Cheek indeed from the youngun. I'm sure I remember nothing at all from the first aid course I did five years ago, so I hope nobody's life ever depends on my skills in that area.

Karen said...

Oh dear, that did make me laugh! I'm afraid I'd have been releived too :o)

Congratulations on the award.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

kaye - I was relieved when she didn't need me to help.

helen - lol, I know.

joanne - it's great if you can remember it. I only hope I can. ;)

chris - my pleasure.

I think the standing back will be the easiest part.

michelle - you're quite right. I think even a little old lady could fight me.

jj - aww thanks m'dear.

heather - lol.

flowerpot - if you need any help, please let me know.

phillipa - you would probably be as useful as I would be in a crisis, despite any courses I've done.

liane - I know, she's a little madam! I hope some of the course has stuck in my brain cells, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Melissa Amateis said...

Thanks for the award, Debs!!! :-)

"Wrestling her to the ground"...hahaha!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I've got an award. Thanks so much!

And I had a good laugh, too. What could be better? I dread to think what I'd do in the same situation. Thank goodness there are capable people in the world. ;o)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

karen - she's a little madam and we're at the stage where everything I do is amusing to her. I think she thinks I'm already in my dotage.

melissa - my pleasure.

shirley - my pleasure.

I was relieved to see a capable person there too. It's always good when someone else insists on taking charge of these things.

Troy said...

The time to worry is when the old men pretend to have stopped breathing so you'll give them the kiss of life!

DJ Kirkby said...

Hah, can't stop laughing over Sas's retort.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

troy - don't worry, I have a mask thing for those times!

dj kirkby - she's a cheeky little madam.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

tee hee - great post.

And thank you for the award.

X

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

suzanne - thank you.

My pleasure. x

curzon group said...
This comment has been removed by the author.