Thursday 7 February 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Happy Chinese New Year. If you were born in 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996 - you were born under the sign of the rat. Apparently, you are always busily pursuing a personal goal or ambition, and one of the hardest-working signs in the Chinese zodiac. 2008 is a year for Rats to overcome any recent setbacks and a year in which they can shine, either personally or professionally. What a brilliant year for Rats to look forward to. What a pity that I'm an Ox.

Thanks to Lane for sending me my lovely award the other day (apologies for taking so long to pass it on - thanks again to Lane for her help here too). So here goes: Helen Motherx Phillipa Casdok Ray-Anne L-Plate Author Fiona Chris

I came up with the idea of my next novel a few weeks ago and then was delighted to have one of those 'dawning' moments last night regarding the plot, so shall start working on it. I haven't thought of a name as yet but that will come no doubt.

Happy New Year once again.

13 comments:

Casdok said...

Thank you so much for the award! And congrats on yours!
Happy New Year! Im a Rabbit!

Flowerpot said...

good luck with the novel, Debs! I never think of a name until I've finished one but ti always has a working title.

Ray-Anne said...

Thank you. And Happy New Lunar Year to you too.
Does that mean we have to sing a Mandarin version of Auld Lang etc?
LOL

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

casdok - my pleasure, I was thrilled to receive mine.

flowerpot - I shall have to think of a working title as I haven't even done that yet.

ray-anne - probably just as well that I don't know the words as my singing voice is dire, lol.

Lane Mathias said...

Another novel! Cripes you are prolific:-)

Happy New Lunar Year to you too and congrats on your award:-)

(Look at all your links!)

Phillipa said...

Debs. I've never won a blog award so thank you! I know I cheat and put RA on there a lot so that must have swung it.

P x

Marcie Steele said...

Hi Debs

Many thanks for the award, what a lovely surprise. But, okay....I'm a little flummoxed as to how to accept it and get it onto my site x

HelenMWalters said...

Good going on the new novel idea. How exciting. And thanks for the award. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for award but not sure how I pick it up?...sorry being thick I know!
Good luck with new novel!

Phillipa said...

Hi

I tried to post here yesterday to say thanks for giving me a blog award! Blogger wouldn't let me (boo hoo) so here we go again.

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Well done you for your award and thank you for letting me be a rewardee also. I think my blog is very hit and miss so am especially touched.

Great news about your plot!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

lane - I'm so excited that I know how to link. There'll be no stopping me now.

phillipa - I'm always happy to see pics of RA and can't help posting them too! My messages are moderated before being posted so that's probably why it appeared as if it hadn't let you post.

helenmh - thank you, I just wish I didnt have to do the day job and could write all day long (don't we all).

fiona - I love your blog and always enjoy reading your posts.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

l-plate author & motherx - I've just had a quick look and think that this is what you do (could be wrong though as I'm hopeless with these things).

Right click on the award pic and save in My Pictures on your computer. Then on the blog, click on Customise, then on Add a Page Element, then Picture Add to Blog. Give it a title in the space then Browse, which will take you through your Pictures. Select on the pic and click on Upload Picture (I think) then remember to click Save Changes.

I hope that's right.