Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine Day Wanted & Unwanted Gifts

Here's a picture of the dark pink orchid that dh bought for me together with a lovely card. He is such a thoughtful chap and knows that I adore orchids and found it most amusing that I had signed my card "?". I told him that Valentine Day cards are supposed to be anonymous but he said, "But don't you think it's pretty obvious who it's from if on the front it has 'To my husband'?" Point taken.

Unfortunately, I also woke up feeling like an invisible mule had kicked my side/back and am experiencing a not so delightful bout of Shingles. As dh said, "Most people get flowers for Valentine's Day." So typical of me though. However, at least I have the second episode of the excellent Ashes to Ashes to look forward to tonight with the much adored Philip Glenister doing his thing so brilliantly.

Even though I have a real life valentine at home, there's no harm in having a fantasy valentine. No guesses for who mine would be, here's a big clue: Yes, of course it is the divine, Richard Armitage. Doesn't he look handsome? So, who would you choose?

12 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Ouchies on the shingles, Deb. Hope you soon recover! I got that just before my wedding!

As for my (not so) secret Valentine well... hmmm would have to be Clive Owens!!

Karen said...

Ooh, shingles is not a very nice Valentine's gift. The orchid is lovely though.

Will you please stop with the heartthrob pictures now?? It's most distracting :o)

Hope you feel better soon.

(I love Gene Hunt too!)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

christina phillips - thanks, Shingles is rather sore to say the least but at least I don't have it just before my wedding. Poor you, what a horrible thing to have happened.

I don't know how I forgot about Clive Owen, especially in Sin City, so divine.

Karen Clarke - sorry but I just can't help myself. I know I really would be better spending more time writing than posting pretty pictures.

I'm sure I'll forget all about the pain when I watch Gene doing his thing tonight though.

Peach said...

hiya, I have a link to here but no text!

Lane Mathias said...

Lovely orchid. Not so nice shingles. My daughter had them a couple of years ago and they left her back scarred. Ouch. Hope yours passes quickly.

Who would I chose? hhhm. I'll have to think about that one although I'm still strangely fascinated by James May:-) Not your archetypal hearthrob but still:-)

Annieye said...

Poor you! The orchid is lovely, the shingles painful.

Fantasy valentine? Sean Bean without a doubt!

Jen said...

Shingles! Oh, God, you poor thing... hopefully your adorable hubs is making it all as bearable as possible.

As for fantasy Valentine... can I have Andrew Lincoln please? Or Alan Rickman? Or someone French? (Am not that fussy, clearly!)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

peach - sorry about that, I'm a complete technomoron and have tried again, hope it works!

lane - thank you. Your poor daughter, she must have been very young to have shingles. This is my eight time and the last few times haven't been so bad but this time it is very painful.

I've heard quite a few people like James May, he sounds very popular.

annieye - thanks. I've only come to appreciate Sean Bean in the last couple of year, not quite sure why I didn't before.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

spiral skies - yes, my husband is such a sweetie and very good at running around after me.

Andrew Lincoln - hmm, he is rather nice, as is Alan Rickman (I loved him from Truly, Madly, Deeply - so long ago now). I can't think of a frenchman just now.

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing! I love orchids too. My fantsy valentine would be either johnny depp or that blonde guy who played smith in sex and the city. he was in the vodka adds! or even llcool jay or...or I LOVE Bill Clinton, (even though friends think Im sick!)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

motherx - I know, my orchid is beautiful. I think Jonny Depp is without doubt gorgeous and the blonde chap Ive just seen on a chocolate advert, I think it was Aero, but BILL CLINTON???? Nope, I can't say I see the attraction in him. LOL

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

motherx - I know, my orchid is beautiful. I think Jonny Depp is without doubt gorgeous and the blonde chap Ive just seen on a chocolate advert, I think it was Aero, but BILL CLINTON???? Nope, I can't say I see the attraction in him. LOL