Wednesday 13 February 2008

Romantic Novelists' Heart Throb List

Yay, I actually have an excuse for posting yet another photo of the divine Richard Armitage

Johnny Depp and Pierce Brosnan make Romantic Novelists’ hearts throb

Members of the Romantic Novelists’ Association have voted Johnny Depp as the
Number One Perfect Romantic Hero in a poll to mark Valentine’s Day.
According to these authors, a romantic hero should be gorgeous, deliciously
sexy, intensely masculine and have a commanding presence.

‘We should be qualified to judge,’ one writer commented. ‘After all, we
create these heroes on paper every day.’

The top ten male celebrities voted the Perfect Romantic Hero were:

1. Johnny Depp

2. Daniel Craig

3. Sean Bean

4. Richard Armitage

5. Hugh Jackman

6. Colin Firth

7. Alan Rickman

8. Pierce Brosnan

9. George Clooney

10. David Tennant

A second poll, taken by members of the RNA bravely admitting to being ‘over
a certain age’, voted for male celebrities over fifty who’ve ‘still got it’.
Remarkable for his appearance on both polls, Pierce Brosnan took the crown
for the over fifties by a huge margin.

The top ten Over-Fifty Perfect Romantic Heroes were:

1. Pierce Brosnan

2. Harrison Ford

3. Ranulph Fiennes

4. Bill Nighy

5. Liam Neeson

6. Sam Neill

7. Sean Connery

8. Peter O’Toole

9. Clint Eastwood

10. Omar Sharif

Personally, I would have Richard Armitage at No 1 as he is so heavenly and is (unsurprisingly) my muse for Luke in Bea Stings. I would have also had to add Philip Glenister to the Top Ten and Gerry Butler, ooh and Rupert Penry Jones as I do have a weakness for these chaps.

Off to a Parent's Evening now...........................yawn! Personally, I think that if the teacher/school has a problem with the pupil or the pupil has a problem at school then have a meeting to sort it out. But it is such a drag to have to go to the school and spending an age queuing to speak to various teachers about maths, english, french and science (the subjects dd has suggested I discuss). I suppose it could be worse - I could be a teacher having to find interesting things to say to a number of bored parents.

9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Good luck with parent's evening. I didn't collect my award today but will do so - was a bit frazzed after being physioed for frozen shoulder this week so not thinking straight. Good photo!

Marcie Steele said...

Bill nighy? BILL NIGHY? Oh yuck! x

HelenMWalters said...

I'm finding myself strangely drawn to the second list. Oh dear, I must be getting old!

Karen said...

I would have Colin Firth (matron!) followed by Richard Armitage...it would be a close call though.

Over 50's - I have a bit of a thing for Bill Nighy, personally!

Just been to a parents' evening m'self and it was very dull. They just repeated what was already on the report I recieved a few weeks ago!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

chrish - poor you having frozen shoulder, so sore. I hope it improves quickly. Parent's evening wasn't so bad in the end.

l-plate author - I know, he wouldn't be my choice as a heart throb either.

helenmh - I can't say that any on the second list appeal to me. Mind you I can't imagine how Rupert, Philip & Gerry didn't make the first list.

karen clarke - I have to admit that I've always had a soft spot for Colin Firth too and am looking forward to seeing him in that film with Uma Thurman - can't remember what it's called.

Anonymous said...

Pierce Brosnan yes, yes and yes he loves the fuller figured woman to boot but Peter O'Toole surely not in his present state or any state really

Where is Gordon Ramsay? He can cook which is always a bonus

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

andrea - I have to agree about poor Peter. I do like the fact that Pierce enjoys the more voluptuous figure and had forgotten about poor Gordon R. He certainly is a craggy dish but one that I can appreciate.

Annieye said...

Parents' evenings are awful. So glad we don't have to do them any more.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

annieye - they are usually ghastly but this one wasn't too bad in the end. I was bored and in a long queue at one point and started making notes for a plot.