Thursday 27 December 2007

Blink & you miss it

Well, that five days off work flew by! What a shock to the system being woken at 7.15 a.m. this morning by my hated alarm clock. Mind you, even though it only takes fifteen minutes (during school holidays) to drive to work, I still only managed to race into the building at 9.25! Then managed to lock myself out of the computer system and when our fabulous IT chap came to the rescue and asked why I didnt write my password down somewhere and keep it in a safe place, I had to admit that I did but couldn't decipher which password it was - I have so many of the damn things.

Mind you, one coffee and a deep breath later and I was well away and didn't feel as if I had been away from the office at all. Great! Have now met up with step-sons, dh and my two, had a quick (if you call waiting 1 1/2 hrs for a pizza) bite to eat and have now returned home, packed a case and am about to take my two to their father's house. Grumpy is hysterical and if he doesn't stop barking I shall lock both him and me in the shed until all the excitement dies down. Four teenagers who haven't seen each other since August and who only have approx four hours to catch up with each other is rather exhausting especially for a bossy small dog and even bossier, rapidly aging woman!

Have not progressed at all with the word count and so shall work on that tonight and tomorrow for a bit. Mind you having now finished Stephen King's brilliant On Writing, I feel that I should start all over again immediately without finishing the last 10,000 or so words.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Coffee works wonders dosnt it!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

casdok - for some reason I rarely drink coffee at home but at work I don't think I could function without it!