Wednesday 12 December 2007

Sadness, sand & solitude


I lost a very dear friend today. I shall miss her sorely.

As I was feeling rather down, I drove Grumpy down to the beach just as the sun was lowering and let him race up and down happily whilst I took in the beauty of the waves crashing about and the orange and gold sunset reflected in the sea. I nearly ruined myself, however, by attempting to carry a piece of driftwood that was rather heavier than I had anticipated. It was a wonderful piece of wood and determined as ever, I struggled on, back up the beach towards where I had parked the car. Once it has dried out I shall put it in the shed.

I am now going to lose myself in my wip.

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.
xx

HelenMWalters said...

Lots of hugs. Love the story about the driftwood - determination!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Lane - thanks, she was such a great girl and unfortunately leaves a teenage son.

helenmh - thanks - the driftwood is drying out as we speak.