Thursday 20 December 2007

HAPPY CHRISTMAS & 2008


Grumpy is doing his utmost to look as handsome and appealing as possible in the picture on the left but then gave up and simply gave his best begging look!

I have a stinking head cold and feel lousy and this means that:

a) I won't be able to do the shopping I had intended doing today.
b) It probably serves me right for being so unsympathetic when the rest of my family have been suffering for the past ten days or so and I told them to brace themselves and get on with things.
c) I need to take more pills to stop the elf who keeps hammering away in my head.
d) I look even worse than I usually do - all puffy faced and ancient!

Nevermind, at least it's sunny outside and I don't have to go out there but can enjoy it from inside the house. Am going off now to make another cup of tea.

7 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

Sorry to hear that you have succumbed to the pestilence. I would recommend sending one of your fawning minions out to collect the firewood and provisions while you recline in the warm with a good book.
Failing that, more tea.
:-)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

ray-anne - thanks. As soon as any of them arrive back home I shall give them their orders... Worth a try anyway!

Lane Mathias said...

Aw sorry to hear you've succumbed. I prescribe buckets of tea and a long, hot snuggle with Grumpy:-) Hope you shake it off quickly!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

lane - thanks, I like the advice and shall most certainly do as you prescribe.

Anonymous said...

Get Well Soon! We all had it so I know how nasty it is!! Get as much rest as possible. Meltus cough Mixture is great for day time, Covonia Night Time cough mixture for a peaceful night!! They worked for me. XXX

HelenMWalters said...

Hope you feel better soon x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

motherx - thank you. It is rather ghastly. Ds and dd have had it but now dh is going down with the same thing... He is far worse than the rest of us, of course. Bless.

helenmh - thanks very much.