Friday 7 December 2007

The Tudors, Funerals & Posh Frocks


I can't believe that I'm missing the last episode of The Tudors! I know that it's repeated tomorrow (I think that's when anyhow) and don't want to have to wait but it's just tough.

I went to a funeral today and was very good (am usually pathetic at weddings, funerals etc) I sang hymns and held it together even when a Major spoke about the Brigadier. The standard was brought out and then the Last Stand was played - and still I held it together, until the bagpipes started up somewhere behind me and I was off. Still it was a great send off to a gentleman that joined the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers at a young age and saw sights in WWII that most people of my age haven't had to deal with.

Right, now I have to go and dress up in my posh frock. I don't mind doing these things so much on a warm evening but when it's almost gale force winds and even hail, I would rather stay at home and watch...The Tudors!

3 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

I'm pathetic at funerals. The last one I went to was deeply surreal though. The person concerned was so popular that literally hundreds of people turned up and not everyone could get in the chapel. So we sat outside on a bench and talked about him and how much we would miss him. We laughed instead of crying and felt much better!

Helen Shearer said...

I haven't yet seen The Tudors because by the time I figured out when it was on I had missed the first few. I'm hoping to rent it over the Christmas break and spend a few days curled up on the couch watching it. I have just seen August Rush with the delicious Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I know I'm about ten years older than he is and this technically makes me a dirty old woman, but is he not absolutely beautiful? Yep, thought so.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - My brother always says that he never has a problem finding me in a church as I'm always the one with the shaky shoulders!

helen Shearer - I havent seen August Rush but intend to. You will love the Tudors I'm sure. The vibrancy of it, not to mention JRM as a powerfully magnetic King Henry VIII. Great stuff.