Tuesday 4 December 2007

Villains, donating & Christmas shopping

The divine Richard Armitage (I know, I know, I just can't help this adoration) has left a Christmas message on the Armitage Army site - see below for link should you feel inclined to visit - where he suggests donating to various charities at Christmas and also hints at a new role that he is unable to divulge further. However he does mention something about it being 'top secret' does that mean - I think - that he could be a future James Bond villain. Can you imagine how fantastic that would be? Or is it just me? Anyway, here is a pic of him (from the BBC Robin Hood home page) looking all heavenly and perfect as Sir Guy. Oh be still my beating heart.

There are so many of us in my family that my siblings and I decided years ago to simply buy one gift per family. I decided this year that instead of a gift I would send a donation to the Jade Stoner Memorial Fund, which is a fund launched in Jade's memory to help other families coping with the loss of a child - surely the most dreadful thing that could happen to any family.

I don't know about you but I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet and am not likely to now until at least next week. Stepson No 1 is coming over from uni in a couple of days time for a long weekend, which will be fun and I have my company's Christmas party on Friday night (yes, the one I blogged about the other day) and a funeral to attend of a distant cousin, a Brigadier in his mid-eighties that afternoon and another party on the Saturday night. Better stop blogging and get on with my word count while I have the chance.

5 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

You've got a busy social calender this week!

And your fund donation is spot on.
x

Rose Red Art said...

Richard is lovely isn't he!

*swoon*

Anonymous said...

Well it will be very interesting to see if anyone actually reads my blog, as I am not sure quite what to write about, so will be grateful for any advice out there??

Annieye said...

Don't worry I haven't done anything for Christmas yet either. I always end up having to put first class stamps on my cards!

Keep up the word count!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Lane - Have just arrived home and next week is going to be even busier than I'd imagined.

A Writer - You have such great taste! He is adorable.

Terry - Don't worry, I'm sure you'll think of something.

Annieye - The shops are about 1 min walk from my office but I never seem to be able to get out at lunchtime for one reason or another (usually because I can't be bothered).