Sunday 30 December 2007

Reading Paige - Draft 1 - Finished

Hurrah, I've finished my first draft of Reading Paige. I wrote over 5,000 words yesterday and thought that I'd finished for the day. However, one of my sisters phoned and chatted until 9.25pm and then wanting to catch the last half an hour of the divine Richard Armitage in the Vicar of Dibley (so funny and yes I know I shouldn't have a television in the shed but what can I say... I did turn the tv off as soon as VOD finished) and ended up working on my m/s until 1.05am this morning when I finally reached The End! I'm so thrilled because I had hoped to have it completed by the end of the year and to have done so is marvellous. I shall now leave it for a couple of weeks and carry on with my 101 other writing projects that I want to get on with, ie course that I've still only done three assignments on, redrafting other m/s, etc.

In celebration of the fact that I was too tired (not to mention nearly blind) to creep out to the shed this afternoon, dh, boys and Grumpy went with me to St Ouen's where we walked along the beach (see pic of Grumpy on his usual route march) and then sat outside at The Watersplash and ate lunch - very tasty it was too. It wasn't too cold in the sun either - as we know, I don't do cold.

I shall now light a fire and settle down to watch the documentary on JK Rowling (one can always dream) and "The Shadow in the North" with Billie Piper and then hopefully get a good nights sleep so that my eyes can recover a tad before starting work tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, sorry we havent contacted you at all despite what you told us (about not sending you texts etc.) we are pleased with you reaching your target of finishing your drafts. Love you lots, love James and Saskia xxxxx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

james & sas - thanks so much for your message, it's lovely to hear from you. We're all missing you especially A (who is rather bored by himself - D is his usual chilled self!) XXX

Anonymous said...

Thats fantastic news! Im really envious! I hope you do really well! I watched the J.K Rowling interview too. Loved it! she seems like such a nice person aswell.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

motherx - thanks very much. I was so thrilled to have finished. I thought the JKR interview was very honest and did think she seemed very pleasant and unaffected.

Lucy Diamond said...

Well done!! That's such an achievement. Just before the end of the year too - very satisfying!
I loved the JKR programme as well - she seemed so normal and nice. Good on her!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

lucy diamond - thank you very much. I was delighted to finish - towards the end it seemed to flow. Such a relief!