Thursday 16 December 2010

Pure Passion 2011 - Romantic Novel of the Year





I told you Christina Jones's latest book, The Way To A Woman's Heart, was good (you can read my interview with the lady herself over at Novelicious) and if you don't believe me, just look at the long list for the 51st Romantic Novel of the Year Award for 2011 which has just been announced.

In alphabetical order by author:

To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick (Little, Brown - Sphere)
The Good, the Bad and the Dumped by Jenny Colgan (Little, Brown - Sphere)
The Golden Prince by Rebecca Dean (HarperCollins)
Sons & Daughters by Margaret Dickinson (Pan MacMillan)
Kissing Mr. Wrong by Sarah Duncan (Headline)
A Perfect Proposal by Katie Fforde (Random House)
The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall (Little, Brown - Sphere)
Amazir by Tom Gamble (Beautiful Books)
The Island by Elin Hilderbrand (Hodder & Stoughton)
The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James (Orion)
The Way to a Woman’s Heart by Christina Jones (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk (HarperCollins)
His Last Duchess by Gabrielle Kimm (Little, Brown - Sphere)
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour by Lisa Kleypas (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes (Hodder & Stoughton)
Virgin Widow by Anne O’Brien (Mira)
Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
The Search by Nora Roberts (Little, Brown - Piatkus)
The Legacy by Katherine Webb (Orion)
Hope Against Hope by Sally Zigmond (Myrmidon)

The shortlist (six titles) will be announced on 10th February 2011 and the winner will be named on Monday, 7th March 2011 at a champagne reception at The Royal Horseguards, Whitehall Place London.

I've read a few of the books on this list and can see why they were included in the list. To read more please go to the Romantic Novelists Association website here.

11 comments:

Susie Vereker said...

Yes, it does sound an interesting list.
Happy Christmas, thanks for all your lovely comments,and happy reading next year.

Jan Jones said...

Some I've heard of, some I've read, some I haven't. I need more time!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

susie - I can't wait to read more of the books on this list.

jan - me too! There's never enough time for everything I want to do.

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. Thanks for this.

All the best, Boonie

Talli Roland said...

Congrate to everyone on the list!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

boonie - it's a great list, although I haven't read all of the books on it yet.

talli - ditto.

Flowerpot said...

I haven't read any of them but I was hoping to get Jo Jo MOyes' latest but couldn't find it in the bookshop this morning. Thanks for letting us know Debs.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

That's quite a list. I've read a couple and the rest...well. the tbr pile is destined to get bigger.

XX

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

flowerpot - I haven't read that one yet, but do love her books too.

suzanne - it's a great list. I know what you mean about your tbr pile, I'm going to need a bigger house soon. x

Anonymous said...

Wow what an achievement! Congratulations to everyone on the list. I wish I had more time to read them all...

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

lucie - I know. How wonderful to be on such a list. I can't wait to see who wins in Feb.