Wednesday 11 August 2010

Blog Takeover - by Grumpy


This is me, Grumpy. To be honest *checks to see if D is nearby* that's not my real name. My real name is, a bit of a mouthful, it's Ellisteel Maxmillan. It was supposed to be Maximillian, but the breeder's husband mispelt my name and left out a couple of 'i's' when registering me (apparently).

You can call me what you like though, because I have many nicknames, and I'll answer to anything so long as you understand that bribery, of the chew/sausage/treat variety, goes a long way.

I know I'm grumpy to look at, and I never miss an opportunity to chase the teens up the stairs, or race to their rooms to give them a telling off if I think they're talking a little loudly. My mum gets fed up with me when I do it a lot and insists that they live here too and are allowed to walk around upstairs and talk, or even play music. Personally, I'd ban the singing, and think they should all be taught to sit quietly, especially when I'm trying to have one of my naps.

I also get told off when I chase the postman. He's scared of me and my mum tries to make sure I'm inside whenever he's about to deliver bills to her. I don't get it, surely if she doesn't like the mail he brings her, she'd be better off letting me sit outside and not let him in the garden to bring those envelopes to the door in the first place?

She does tell me how well behaved I am in the shed. When we're out there, I've got no reason to bark at anyone, as it's just the two of us, and she lets me sleep for as long as I want. The only interruption I don't mind is when my dad arrives to take me for a walk, usually to St Ouen's beach. Oh heck, here she comes, better pretend to be sleeping again.

Grumps was taking part in Quiller's Third Blog Takeover Day.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely post and a great photo. Thanks for this.

All the best, Boonsong

Queenie said...

Grumpy, do you know that Maxmillan is very nearly the name of a publisher? Wish I could join in with you on this blog takeover day but sadly I'm too busy :-(

Chris Stovell said...

Aw! How cute... you're not half as grumpy as you look, are you... although the postie might not agree!

Carol said...

Awwww Grumpy, it's so nice to meet you properly after all this time.

C x

Quillers said...

Aw, hello Grumpy. You're actually utterly adorable, and I absolutely agree with you re kids ;-)

Brilliant, Debs!

joanne fox said...

I don't think you're grumpy to look at. I think you are jolly handsome (especially your eyebrows).

Kaye Manro said...

This is a priceless post! How creative Grumpy is. I love this, Debs.

Unknown said...

Aw, lovely, lovely pic of His Grumps. He's actually looking very regal. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, this is so cute :-)

DJ Kirkby said...

Hi Grumpy
You know I love you . I've got the cat version of you named Grumplestilitskin.

Old Kitty said...

Awwww hello there Ellisteel Maxmillan!!!

You don't look at all grumpy - just misunderstood! I think you're adorable and are doing a grand job keeping all your humans in order! Even the postman! I hope you get lots of extra treats anyway!

Enjoy your pretend nap.
:-)

Take care
x

Juliet Boyd said...

Grumpy

I'm a little confused - are you saying the shed is nicer than the house? That's just weird. No wonder you look grumpy!

Freddie

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Grumps says many thanks for all your complimentary comments. He may try and sneak on here a little more often. I've told him to forget it and go back to sleep.

Teresa Ashby said...

You can come and chase my postman when he's bringing bills, Grumpy! And I don't think you look grumpy at all, just cute and cuddly.

Denise Covey said...

Grumpy, with good looks like you have I'll bet you're never called late for dinner. Hope that postie's leg is tasty when you finally catch him..:)

Rachael Troy said...

Brilliant and you know that is exactly what he is thinking!!!! He is a little master man and he has the bigest personality in the world! :-)
See you soon - maybe even down St Ouens.
Love Auntie Rach

Phillipa said...

Dear grumpy - how grumpy does your owner get when she has to scoop your poop off St Ouen beach? Or is that a very impertinent question?

Ellie Garratt said...

Hello, Grumpy. You don't look grumpy. You look cute and cuddly!

Rosy T said...

Hi, Grumpy - brilliant post!

Anna Scott Graham said...

Oh you do just look so intimidating!!! But also like a rather nice ruffle along the head might be appreciated. Especially if followed by a treat!

(Ta to Mum, btw... great post!)

Talli Roland said...

Aw, Grumpy! That's quite the name you have there. Cheer up - you're really cute!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thanks for the comments, love EM (aka Grumpy)x

Faye said...

Grumps! So lovely to hear about the goins' on from your point of view. And i imagine those teens need to be settled down regularly. BTW, your friend Willie doesn't get on with the postman either. He doesn't like having the front dooor closed, especially when it's so hot.

That walk on the beach--are you in danger of being combed and washed afterwards? That would be a real downer. . .

Fee said...

Ah grumps - butter would not melt - so talented - I am impressed - keep up the good work.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

faye - I always seem to find the deepest pool on the beach and end up swimming for my life. My mum doesn't know how I manage to get so wet every time.

Fee - this won't last unfortunately, she's taking the blog back again as soon as she's finished her editing.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Aw, Grumpy - you're just gorgeous.

XX

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thanks (from Grumps)x

Pauline Barclay said...

He's so seriously cute. I'm sure he inspires you and keeps you company! x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

pauline - he certainly does, although he can be a pain when he keeps wanting to go out, only to scratch the door to come back in again straight away.