Sunday 31 October 2010

Limbering Up for NaNoWriMo

I'm raring to get going with my NaNo story. I know some people have concerns about the content with people's NaNo entries, but for me it's a way to keep to a deadline. The camaraderie and daily increase on the word counter keep me writing when I'd otherwise probably find a reason/excuse not to and it's easier to work on a dirty draft than no draft at all. I pretty much know my story and characters and can't wait to get going.

No doubt by Wednesday I'll be wondering why I'm putting myself through this self-imposed torture, but towards the end - going my my experience last year - I'll be obsessed with getting my story down and the feeling of achievement at the end is well worth the month of maniacal typing and angst.

My family simply think that I'm a little crazy, but that's nothing new, and I'll still be reading/reviewing for Novelicious and Bookersatz throughout the month, but as I only work part-time and have one teenager at home, I have more time than most to do any writing.

Good luck with everyone taking part. If you haven't already entered and think that it might be fun to give it a go, there's still time as it doesn't start until 1st November. Here's the link

18 comments:

DAB said...

Good luck m'dear :). 50,000 words phew! After evey 1000, stuff thy gob with chocolate ;-) TFx

Sue Guiney said...

Good luck! Go! Fight! Win! :-)

Karen said...

Im doing it for the same reasons Debs! Good luck and don't forget to sleep occasionally :o)

Lane Mathias said...

From the title of this post, I have an image of you doing press ups against your desk in the shed. What would Grumpy think:-)

Good luck Debs and keep us posted on your progress.

Talli Roland said...

Good luck, Debs! I'm sure you'll get some great writing done.

Jenny Beattie said...

Good luck Debs. I shall be cheering from the sidelines.

Ellie Garratt said...

Best of luck, Debs. I'll be there writing along side you!

shatnerstupee

Anonymous said...

Good luck Debs. I didn't sign up but I'll be thinking of you all and if you get a chance do drop by my halloween blog party for a last fling beforehand! :O)

Kath said...

Good luck Debs, or should I say amaranthus? I'm really looking forward to my first NaNo ever and think it'll be a hectic but fun month. See you in NaNoLand!

Anna Scott Graham said...

Go Debs go!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the project. I admire you for doing it. I couldn’t.

All the best, Boonie

Pauline Barclay said...

Good luck Debs, we are all there with you cheering you on. x

Flowerpot said...

Go for it Debs - atta girl! x

Chris Stovell said...

Good luck, Debs!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I've started off well and managed over 1k words before 6.30 this morning. We'll see how I get on, but so far, so good.x

Feisty Crone said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the best blog around. How do you get to have so many more hours in the day than the rest of us!??
We wish you all the best with the writing and of course hope you remember to take Grumpy for his walk!
With lots of love from your friends in South Africa x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Gran - thanks.

Tess - I think I probably sleep less than most people do, or so my husband says! x