Sunday 10 January 2016

Game of Thrones Journal & New Book

Being an avid Game of Thrones fan, I was thrilled when my son bought me this Stark journal for Christmas. Unfortunately we're going to have to wait until late April to start enjoying Season 6, but in the meantime there's a lot to be getting on with. Being a writer and lover of stationery I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled I was with this gift. I'm still deciding what to write in my GoT journal, but maybe it'll be ideas for future books, or something similar.

Now that Broken Faces has been published in e-book - with the paperback coming out later this year - and the Christmas/New Year festivities are over, I'm working on edits for my next historical romance. It's a standalone novel set in WW2, called Splintered Lives. The story is set during the occupation of the island of Jersey, but it also follows on from the main characters that you meet in Broken Faces. Once again, I'm loving the research and this time I have people I can ask about the Occupation who lived through that dark time rather than having to simply rely on books and the internet for my research.

16 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm one of the people who never really got into game of Thrones but the journal is very handsome!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Oh - I love stationery, Debs, and that looks brilliant! Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to watch G of T yet so I must start buying the boxed sets as I do want to see it. All the best with your writing this year.

Melissa Amateis said...

Oooh! I can't wait to read your WW2 book! It sounds wonderful!

Confession: I've never watched GOT.

Deborah Carr said...

I love GoT Rosemary. My son keeps saying I should read the books and one day I aim to, but right now I'm kept busy reading those on my tbr pile. I'm just about to buy your Highland Lass, it looks wonderful. x

Deborah Carr said...

Thank you Melissa, I hope you enjoy it when it's published.

Flowerpot said...

I've never watched Thrones either, but I adore stationery and that is lovely!

Maria said...

Lovely looking stationary, I'd be loathe to write in it!
Never seen Game of Thrones but hope to do so one day.

Patsy said...

Must be interesting to speak to people who've experienced the things you'll put your characters through.

Deborah Carr said...

Thanks Flowerpot, I was thrilled with it.

Deborah Carr said...

I haven't dared write in it yet, Maria. My handwriting is a little messy and I can't bear the thought of ruining the first page, but I will no doubt!

Deborah Carr said...

It really is, Pasty! It's awe-inspiring to be able to see life back then through someone's eyes who experienced everything.

Unknown said...

game of thrones season 6 stream online

game of thrones season 6 stream online

game of thrones season 6 stream online

the musketeers season 3 stream online

vikings season 4 stream online

better call saul season 2 stream online

watch batman vs superman movie online

watch deadpool movie online

watch kung fu panda 3 movie online

Watch allegiant movie online

Unknown said...

game of thrones s06e01

game of thrones s06e01

game of thrones s06e01

the musketeers s03e01

vikings s04e01

better call saul s02e01

Unknown said...

game of thrones season 6 stream online

game of thrones season 6 stream online

game of thrones season 6 stream online

Unknown said...

I love game of thrones but this is so boring what is it excaly?
Read more Here : gameofthronesseason6leak.com

Unknown said...

No one can reject from the component of this video posted at this site, exquisite occupation, keep it always.
Profit from Roulette