Friday 4 January 2008

Grumpy is not amused!

As you can see from the pic, Grumpy was clipped yesterday and has spent since then either shivering (even though dh keeps putting the heating on, which he doesn't do if I'm cold I notice) or sulking. He hates being clipped and I'm grateful that this drama only occurs every eight weeks or so. He'll have recovered by tomorrow no doubt and for a dog who appears to be suffering so harshly, I've noticed that it hasn't affected his appetite or penchant for begging for chews!

Step-sons No 2 & 4 go back to England tomorrow and my two will be returning on Sunday so it will be back to homework, lunchboxes and racing against time in the mornings - eugh - and a more organized routine. It's a shame that the youngsters have hardly seen each other this holiday as they all get along so well and now have to wait until Easter to see each other again.

I've been making notes on RP and am looking forward to getting on with redrafting. I'm so excited that it's the weekend and I've only had to cope with four days at work this week. How I'll cope with five continuous days in the office I can't imagine?

4 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Poor Grumpy - he's not impressed is he? At least I don't have to get the cat clipped - I'd never hear the last of it!

Lane Mathias said...

He looks positively furious in tat photo! I just want to rub his grumpy tummy:-)

Good luck with back to work next week. That early morning rush ..... aargh:-)

Jen said...

Hello, fellow bean!

Oh dear, poor old Grumpy. He certainly looks suitably disgruntled. Not as much as we will be next week when we're back on the dreary lunchbox routine.

Sigh. We were surely meant for greater things :)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - you have no idea how much of a drama queen he is! I bet he wishes he was a cat too.

lane - I always find it so amusing that he looks skinnier and his ears are so much larger after he's been clipped. He looks like a different dog.

spiralskies - I've been to the shops and stocked up on various bits and pieces for the lunchboxes & I certainly think we were meant for greater things - if only!