Thursday 19 June 2008

Books, 100 Words a day & inspiration

I'm loving this book by June Tate, although to be honest I've enjoyed all the books that I've read of hers. I'll have to make sure that I get some editing done today though before I open it up again otherwise there'll be no hope for any progress at all.

I'm loving being part of One Hundred Words a Day , thanks Helen and find that as it's only 100 words, I'm eager to start writing. I soon get flowing and end up doing more than I set out to. I've started Novel 4 doing this and am loving it. Yes, I know, I have to finish editing No 3 first and this weekend I intend getting as much done as possible (famous last words).

Talking of words, I think it was Tracey Emin (though I could be wrong) who said "Success means that you were right all along". I love that saying, as well as my all time favourite, "It's never to late to be what you might have been", by George Elliot. I've posted about it before but it really does inspire me and give me hope that I still have time to write something publishable.

What quotes inspire you?

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love those quotes, they are very true. I think the quote that keeps me going when I'm writing is:

"To try and fail is temporary, but to not try at all lasts for ever." by Lance Armstrong I think.

Lane Mathias said...

Love those quotes especially the Elliot one!

One of my favourites is the old Eleanor Roosevelt one.
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.

Pacha said...

It's amazing how simple writing really is. If you set sights at 100words, that is. I too can't wait to write and then am upset when I have to stop for some reason/other. Whereas before I would put off writing until house was clean, kids entertained, food cooked, nails painted, drawer tidied etc...(you get the picture!) now I get on with it and by 100 words am hooked to the writing. And it's easy to be swotty with 100 words too and do more some days! A perfect plan and programme...

Helen said...

I've just read your post in The Book. I thought it was great. You son shares certain characteristics with my husband!

I'm glad you are loving the 100 words. It's really helping me too.

Pacha said...

Oh! Forgot "You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing stars" Nietzsche

I don't know about you but I should have a lot of dancing stars around the house wanting to be fed right now!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

yvonne - I haven't heard that saying before but it's so true and Lance Armstrong is certainly an inspiration to anyone.

lane - That's so true. I didn't know how strong I could be until my divorce. I surprised myself by how much resilience I had. It gave me much more confidence than I had before.

pacha - I know, I'm the same and find that everything else gets put off now as "I'm only doing 100 words, won't be long" and then the food is burnt, teenagers fighting, dog creating havoc. It's worth it though.

I haven't heard that saying before either, so true. I love these sayings.

helen - my son is a lovely chap in so many ways but so infuriating in others. I don't think there's much hope if him changing either.

The 100 words a day is such a brilliant idea, I'm loving it.

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

I love quotes but I am so rubbish at remembering who said them. One of my favourites is: 'I used to be Snow White 'til I drifted.' Mae West.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

fiona - lol, that's brilliant!

Carol said...

I think Helen's idea of 100 words a day is a fab one....it seems to be working for a lot of people!!

One of my fav quotes is -

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I think it was Albert Einstein that said it :-)

C x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

carol & chris - I hadn't heard that quote before either, it's a good one.