Sunday 1 June 2008

Lightbulb Moments & Back to the Grindstone

Thanks to Tom Foolery for this great picture.

Well I've had a wonderful ten days off work and spent a satisfying amount of hours in the shed in my own little world as well as being relatively sociable with a house full of teenagers.

The boys have now returned home to the more northern parts of England and I'm preparing myself mentally to the thought of having to dress in my work clothes (yuck), wear makeup (double yuck) and sit in an office for far too many hours a day (yuck, yuck and thrice yuck). Not thrilled but at least it should take a fair bit of time tomorrow morning to get through the mountain of emails whilst bringing myself to some sort of consciousness with copious cups of coffee. Urgh.

(Have given self a mental slap and am determined not to think about work until I simply have no choice, ie tomorrow morning.)

I was coming round from a lousy nights sleep yesterday morning when I had one of those lightbulb moments and realized what RP was missing. I say 'realized' I could be completely wrong of course, either way I spent several hours having to go through my book and amend it accordingly and now I think it reads far better, or a part of it that I felt lacking does anyway.

We've spent most of today working in the garden, even planting hedging and it's looking far better than of late. I do sometimes wish though that I was married to a man who knew how to sit down for more than two minutes at a time and enjoyed reading as much as I do. Mind you, I suppose the fact that I can't sit and watch him work without feeling like I should be helping, at least for a bit, can only be a good thing for someone who likes nothing better than sitting on her bottom for hours at a time.

9 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

You've got to love those lightbulb moments x

Lane Mathias said...

It sounds like you're very well matched Debs:-)

It's great that you had an RP lightbulb moment. I'm so impressed at how much you put into your work.

Hope the return to work is not too painful:-)

Kerry said...

Sounds like you have had a really productive time off! Real jobs are rubbish I agree :)

Yvonne said...

Fantastic about the lightbulb moment, it's great to finally put your finger on it and make the change. I hope your return to work hasn't been too painful.

Jill Steeples said...

I hope the going back to work thing wasn't too bad today.

Glad to hear RP is coming together nicely!

Karen said...

I expect you feel like you've never been away by now! At least you had a lightbulb moment - I could do with a couple of those, it's getting a bit dark over here!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - I do, especially the ones that I actually manage to remember to use.

lane - we are rather well suited. Work wasn't too horrible. Just a bit blurgh.

kerry - real jobs are not the best ways to spend so many hours of our lives. A ghastly necessity unfortunately.

yvonne - it was welcomed that's for certain. Work wasn't as bad as it could have been.

maddie moon - work wasn't so bad and it helped that I'd managed to do quite well with RP.

karen - lol. You're right though, I don't feel like I've been off at all now.

DAB said...

Pic was my pleasure, Debs. Congrats on the raffle win and glad work was OK for you today. TFX

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

tom foolery - thanks I love the pic.