Sunday 8 June 2008

Race For Life & the Skin Tight T-Shirt

Best of luck to everyone taking part in this years Race for Life. Our local one is this morning at 11.30 after the men's Run For Moore in memory of the late great Bobby Moore, which is at 10am.

There are 26 women taking part in the run from my office and although we've raised our own sponsorship the company paid for us all to be registered into the race and also supplied us with t-shirts. Naturally these tops are pink and have our company name emblazoned on the front and back.

On Thursday I was given my t-shirt. Now as I am not exactly flat-chested in the boob department and because I prefer a slightly baggier top I ordered an XL just to be safe. I tried this on when I got home and horror of horrors looked like a plump Jordan (I'm being kind to myself here). It's positively obscene. They are also fairly see-through. R's eyes were out on stalks and that's all well and good but not exactly what I would choose to wear to run (okay, walk as quickly as I can).

So I have a dilemma. Do I wear this teeny tiny tee or do I prepare myself for the wrath of the company and wear the baggy one I had for last year's Cancer Research event that I entered in October? After all, both events are to raise money for the same thing. I have a sneaking suspicion that the baggy top will win.

Have a great day.

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Good luck!! I'm sure you will do great whatever size t-shirt you are wearing....though the teeny one might ensure some cheers along the way! :)

Yvonne said...

Good luck Debs!

I'd probably wear the baggy one - and keep the other one for R!

Christina Phillips said...

If it were me, I'd definitely go for the baggy one!!!

Hope the race went well, Debs!

HelenMWalters said...

Let Grumpy wear the teeny tiny top ...

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Debs, I've come to grovel - somehow I completely missed you joining the Novel Racers back in January (I just checked, can't believe it was so long ago). I've updated the post about the War Child book, put you on my blogroll, and will drop in from time to time from now on like I do with the other Racers. Really sorry about that. (And good luck with the race, too. I'd go for the baggy top if it was me.)

Karen said...

Love that photo!!

It's too late now, but I hope you went for comfort over the tiny-tee and that you're not covered in blisters ;o)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

kerry - I had a great time, thanks and wore the smaller top! It's amazing how these things can be stretched when one is determined enough - oh yes, and strategically placed number.

yvonne - thanks, it was fun. The top with various undergarments wasn't too terrible either. Just as well that I wore it as every other member of the company had theirs on too!

christina phillips - thanks it was such fun and I gave in and faffed about with the smaller top until it was just about all right to wear.

helenmh - he would have loved to have come. There were a few dogs there too.

zinnia cyclamen - please don't worry. Thanks.

karen - no blisters, top was ok in the end and sister-in-law and I didn't pause for breath from talking and the time flew by. No blisters either.

Faye said...

Judging from the accompanying handsome photo, I think you may have the answer to T-shirt dilemma. Let Grumpy wear the official company logo shirt and you wear the decent one. Since you aim only for a fast walk, he should be able to stick with you and keep you legal!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

faye - I agree, he would have fitted it better than me too. He would have loved to have been there too.