Tuesday 25 March 2008

Back To The Grindstone

Here's a picture of me yesterday (happy, relaxed, filled with joie de vivre) and one of me today (a large black cloud overhead, moody, sighing madly and best left well alone). I would like to say that the pic was drawn by one of my brood but they are far more artistic than I am and as such I wouldn't like to do them a disservice. Even several cups of cappuccino from the machine couldn't cheer me up, although I did manage a weak smile by the end of the day. I promise to be better behaved tomorrow. (Let's face it, it's not as if I work there for free and am paid to do what I do).

On the bright side I completed my tax form and both the form and attached documents have been photocopied and the originals posted off this morning - about time too!

Also, I've completed the script and apart from bribing various youngsters with pizza (they've over done the chocolate so can't be enticed by that) to act out the parts so that I can time it, I shall then leave it until Friday, check it once more for further mistakes and then post it off. Can't wait. At least then I shall be able to get on with my re-write that I've been wanting to work on for the past two months, actually three. Wow, how time flies.

As a few people have asked how they can sponsor me for Race For Life, I thought I would put a link here just in case you would like to. Please do not feel that you have to, I know what a nightmare it is to be asked to sponsor different causes and working in an office of nearly 200 people there doesn't seem to be two days that go by without having to contribute to leaving presents/birthdays/sponsors/your own children needing sponsoring for various activities, etc.

15 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Well done you - you've been really busy and completed your script. It's a pig getting down to work (well, it is for me!!) but such a joy when you're back into it. I'm on a roll at the mo - hope it will see me through to the end!

Yvonne said...

But at least you did the tax form AND the script! Hurray!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

chrish - thanks. I shouldn't have time off from work as I hate going back so much, will be better tomorrow. Good for you being on a roll, I'm sure you'll keep going, no probs.

yvonne - I had a sudden urge to get the tax form done (so sick of seeing it staring back at me all the time) and am relieved it's gone. Now for the script...

HelenMWalters said...

I soooo didn't want to go back to work. Don't want to go tomorrow either - sigh ...

DAB said...

Great cartoon, Can I share your black cloud? TFX

The Anti-Wife said...

Love your self portraits. Well done. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Well youve been a busy bee! At least you got your boring tax form done as well as script! You must feel really accomplished. Any advice on brainstorming for ideas?

Anonymous said...

Youve been a busy bee! At least you got your boring tax form done also. Well done for sending your script off. You must feel really accomplished!
Any advice on brainstorming?

Lane Mathias said...

A finished script! That's quite something. Well done Debs.

Hope your big smiley face is back tomorrow:-)

CC said...

finishing the tax forms is a GREAT accomplishment

Karen said...

Sounds like you were pretty productive, overall!

I've got to trudge off to the launderette today as our bloomin' washing machine has given up the ghost and the laundry has reached epic proportions :(

Hope you have a better day today :o)

Marcie Steele said...

Hey, congratulations on finishing the script.

I did the Race for Life last year, twelve women from our office took part, although all but one of us walked. Very eerie, very humbling, very noble. It was a lovely day weatherwise and the walk was round a beautiful lake, perfect.

Well done on both counts. xx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - I completely know how you feel. I'm much happier today though (much to every else's relief I should think).

tom foolery - thanks, yes of course you can share my black cloud, it's big enough for everyone!

the anti-wife - thanks, I'm certainly no artist.

motherx - thanks, I'm relieved to get the tax form out of the way. Nearly there with the script, a few tweaks and then off it goes.

I just sit and let my brain wander for a bit and it usually comes up with something.

lane - thanks, I am far happier today, quelle relief all round.

cc - I can get through so much paperwork if it's what I enjoy but when it comes to tax etc my brain goes into freefall.

karen - oh no, not a dead washing machine, what a complete pain in the bum. Poor you having to go to the launderette, you'd be welcome to come and use mine if I lived closer.

l-plate author - thanks, I haven't done any script writing before and wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but I have done.

I really need to get a little fitter for the Race for Life. I agree with you, it is very humbling and eerie. I'm walking with friends and we all lost a good friend and colleague 3 months ago so it will be emotional I should think.

yvonne - thank you so much for sponsoring me, most generous. I'm very grateful.

Anonymous said...

Just think only one more day to go, then freedom for three days at least. The Apprentice starts tonight could be worse you could be working for him!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

andrea - thanks v much for the sponsorship, much appreciated. I wish you were over here to do it too though.

I can't wait to finish tonight although the electricity man is coming at some point and I have to take S for an appt in the afternoon so tomorrow wont be as free as I would like.

Caught the after show re The Apprentice and going by how useless they all seemed I think he must be wondering what he's dealing with, poor Sir Al.