Thursday 6 March 2008

Confused, New Babies & Murder Most Famous


Can you believe these blossoms on my tree, I'm sure they don't usually come this early or am I just getting older and now going to say this sort of thing every Spring? My bottlebrush is also blooming (if that's the correct word for it) and I'm sure that should be doing it in the Summer. Oh I don't know and I'm too tired after an exhausting four days at work to look it up.

My clever friend Rach has given birth to her second lovely son and named him Harvey. If I'm honest I should admit that I'm not that partial to every baby I come across and remember once when one mother offered for me to hold her new born and I politely declined - well, I was young and never considered that she would be offended. It wasn't as if I had been derogatory about the baby or anything... However, back to Harvey. He is gorgeous and I wanted to have a cuddle immediately and did so for about half an hour. I love the name too. I think it gives him character straight away.

I haven't done as much editing as I should this week, too tired after work each day, but intend having a full day working at it tomorrow. Well that's the plan anyhow. I don't know if any of you have managed to watch Murder Most Famous, unfortunately I've been at work and have no idea how to go about taping it so have missed it all week. I shall try to remember to watch it tomorrow though. Do let me know it it's been any good.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm not a big fan of all babies either, they have to be extra cute to get me interested!

Karen said...

I've really enjoyed it, Debs! Maybe they'll repeat it in the evenings sometime?

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

yvonne - I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I said that at work once, they all looked at me aghast.

karen - I shall make a note to watch it tomorrow. I couldn't believe that it was on at lunch time. I do hope they do repeat it.

CL Taylor said...

I watched it for the first time today after reading your recommendation the other day. It's great! How much would you love the chance to go out and experience all the police type things the celebs are experiencing? I don't even write crime and I'd love to have a go at that!

Have you tried the BBC iplayer to watch it again? I haven't tried for this show but I did use it to watch something else the other day and it was great :o)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

cal - I would love to have a go too. I shall have a go with the BBC iplayer as I haven't tried using it yet - am such a technofool! Am looking forward to watching it tomorrow too.

Andrea said...

Chuffing Nora - my TV guide says that it starts next Monday!

Everything seems to be blooming early and I still haven't done my winter pruning.

Christina Phillips said...

Your tree blossoms are gorgeous Debs. I'm completely confused about all the seasons now. As far as I'm concerned it's coming up spring - but down here we're heading into autumn! It doesn't feel right (especially since we're in the middle of another heatwave!!)

Lane Mathias said...

'Bottlebrush'???? i can only imagine what that looks like:-)

Harvey is a great name. I'd never even held a baby before I had my own. They have to be pretty damn cute for me to want a cuddle of someone else's baby:-) That does sound odd said out loud doesn't it!

Hope you can relax a bit this weekend after your tiring week. x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

andrea - I think your tv guide is a little behind the times!

I haven't done much winter pruning either. I did some a few weeks ago but dh ended up having to tidy up after me and I lost steam after that.

christina phillips - thanks, they do look cheery. Lucky you having a heatwave. I could do with one of those right now.

lane - that doesn't sound odd at all, not to me anyway. I feel exactly the same.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend too. Wouldn't it be lovely.