Friday 14 March 2008

What Type Of Writer Should You Be

I've come late to this meme and have pinched this from Wordtryst . I love these quizzes, they are yet another way I can faff about and not get on with the writing waiting to be...well, written. I especially like where it says "...you would make a talented romance story writer..." but unfortunately remember completing similar quizzes in teenmags where it assured me that I would marry Simon Le Bon, and look what happened there.




You Should Be a Romance Novelist



You see the world as it should be, and this goes double for all matters of the heart.

You can find the romance in any situation, and you would make a talented romance story writer...

And while you may be a traditional romantic, you're just as likely to be drawn to quirky or dark love stories.

As long as it deals with infatuation, heartbreak, and soulmates - you could write it.


Right, enough procrastination, I'm off to the shed now.

6 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

All power to your shed, Debs! Well I've just procratinated for a few happy minutes finding out what sort of writer I should be ... da daaa! I am a joke writer! Doh! No wonder the romantic novel isn't that romantic!!

PS, Hang on in there - I understand what you're going through only too well!

Anonymous said...

I tried that and it said I should be a film writer!....I wish. I need a life coach i think.

Faye said...

Well, I've taken this quiz twice--here and earlier at Karen's place. In both instances I was a poet writer. Fortunately they say not to worry if you've never written a line of poetry--still have the soul of a poet.

Procrastination hint--if you're running out of things to do to avoid editing, how do you toe nails look? After all it's only a few months until sandal time. In college I always gave myself a pedicure to avoid studying for a test. . .

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

chrish - Isn't all this self-doubt exhausting? I'm trying to steel myself to go to the Jersey Eisteddfod where I've entered a piece, to see what the Adjudicator has said about it (and how it's been marked). Groan.

motherx - how lovely it would be to write films and the to see them made. There is a life coach over here and his/her car is always full of rubbish. Strange, you would think he/she would be tidy and organised.

faye - Ahh to have the soul of a poet, surely that's a good thing. I haven't a clue about poetry I must admit.

This made me laugh and strangely enough I bough two new nail varnishes only the other day for my toenails.......! LOL

HelenMWalters said...

You mean you're not married to Simon le Bon!? What a swizz!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - I know, isn't life cruel!