Sunday 16 March 2008

Virtual Assistant & Going For Gold

If you've read Katie Fforde's brilliant book, Highland Fling (and if not then you've missed out on a fabulous read) then you'll have read about a Virtual Assistant called Jenny. Well, I have a friend who runs Papavar Business Solutions (based in the UK, not in Jersey) and if you or anyone you know would ever need help typing up a manuscript, planning an event, form filling, or any other secretarial assistance why don't you check it out at www.papavar.co.uk. This business is run by the superbly clever and efficient (not to mention most useful) Andrea Harrison.

To be honest she was the brains and most of the work behind several large summer parties that we've held here for the past three years and has helped me resolve various techno problems that I couldn't quite manage (I am a complete technofool). I would recommend her business wholeheartedly and have linked to her website as you can see from my links below.

Also, you may remember that I entered a piece in the Jersey Eisteddfod's Adult Literature Class, well yesterday dh persuaded me to be a brave bod and tootle down to check out how I'd done. The awards range from Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper (and also none at all - too horrible for words) and I skulked in and found the display only to find I had been awarded a GOLD! Hurrah! I checked the back where the Ajudicator gave his/her comments on the piece and so once I have it back and have made a few adjustments I shall send it off somewhere (not too sure where as yet).

Right, better get off to the shed and continue with this editing now that I've done the ironing, checked emails, painted toenails a glorious 1940s red and can't think of anything else I can busy myself with to put off doing it.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Debs, that's great news about the award! Keep it up!

Jen said...

Hey, brilliant that you got a Gold. You must be so thrilled - I know the standard's always really high and remember some fab local writers from my days working at the Arts Centre.

Yay!

Jill Steeples said...

Many congratulations on the gold award! Great stuff.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

yvonne, spiral skies & maddie moon - thanks very much, I have to admit that I was thrilled.

Karen said...

I love the phrase, 1940's red!

Congratulations on your gold award - it's so encouraging to win something :o)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

karen - its a blessed relief!!!

HelenMWalters said...

That's fantastic! Well done x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

helenmh - thanks very much, I was thrilled.